Thursday, March 25, 2010

Knitting Olympics : One Row Scarf and A Hat (Toque) to Match


Somehow I found myself caught up in the Olympic spirit while visiting The Yarn Harlot's site. I had browsed to her site to read the one row scarf pattern; then I ended up joining her 2010 Knitting Olympics.
--Interuption. I'll have to come back and finish this later.--

It is/was a knit-along of individuals. We selected our project to be a personal challenge to complete in 17 days. Start with cast on at the opening ceremony (swatches could be done as "training" before the opening of the Olympics) and then complete before the end of the closing ceremony on Feb 28, 2010. I chose a stocking hat and a simple one row scarf. I completed the hat but not so much the scarf. It was only half the length I had intended so I figure it as a gold in one event and no medal in in the second event.

So, I'll add one medal to this post. And a sincere Thank you to Stephanie and Franklin.

--Jack <)B^D≈

No comments:

Post a Comment